Chairmen of the jury:
Edik Ghabuzyan, Head of the Department of Creating and Saving Armenian Fonts at the National Book Chamber of Armenia, Armenia.
Boris Kochan, President of theTypographic Society Munich (tgm – Typographische Gesellschaft München), Germany.
The members of the jury board:
Gerry Leonidas, UK
Ahmed Mansour, Sudan
Carolyn Puzzovio, UK
Fiona Ross, UK
Manvel Shmavonyan, Armenia
Robert Strauch, Germany
Keith Tam, Hong Kong
The list of experts:
As the members of the jury panel cannot be experts in all categories the organizing committee has decided to invite three experts for each category. We shall send all the works in certain text typefaces category to the experts, they will consider them and write their comments and opinions for every work and send them to the heads of the organizing committee Edik Ghabuzyan and Boris Kochan. The members of the jury will take into account all the comments when making final decision in choosing the prize winners.
Armenian text typefaces category:
Arabic text typefaces category:
Chinese text typefaces category:
Cyrillic text typefaces category:
Greek text typefaces category:
Indic text typefaces category:
Judging procedure and criteria
- Text typefaces are conceived appropriate for their use in text
- Glyph shapes are drawn properly, even in detail
- Glyphs and overall concept comply to the particularities of the script system
- Proportions are well-balanced
- Spacings and Kernings are applied properly
- The design shows a certain amount of originality
- In multiscript typefaces, script systems are harmonised without disturbing the genuine character of the scripts.